You can sign up now for the larp!
RUN #1 is full. Last tickets available for RUN #2. Click here to sign up!
RUN #1 is full. Last tickets available for RUN #2. Click here to sign up!
“Dear vassal, Empress Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon invites you to the Northern Realms Feast to elect the new ruler of the Northern Kingdoms and official representative at the Nilfgaardian Court. Get dressed in your finest attire and get ready for a night full of challenges that will allow you to prove your worth to the Empire. Remember, only the royal court members with an official invitation are allowed to attend.”
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon became the empress of the vast and powerful Nilfgaardian Empire five years ago after the Northern Kingdoms surrendered to the rule of Emhyr var Emreis.
Cirilla’s government has brought great social and political changes, opening new horizons for cooperation between kingdoms and races of the Continent, but also great disagreements due to some controversial legislation, reviving old political resentments that never seem to die.
After an uncertain and complex time, it seems peace has arrived. The Northern Kingdoms and their allies, now under the dominion of Nilfgaard, have been gathered at a Feast to select the first political representative who will rule the entire northern territory of the Continent at the Nilfgaardian court.
Obviously, not all of the Northern Kingdoms want to become one single government, nor do they have the same motivations to get that power position.
Although it seems to be a simple court feast, it is likely to be a night full of intrigue, mysteries, and political alliances that can change the course of the world.
The characters are pre-written by the Organisation to ensure the event experience will be equal between the participants. During the sign-up period, you will have to fill a form to choose some of your preferences regarding the kingdoms, archetypes, plot types and relationships, among others, and you will be assigned one of our pre-designed characters that fit the experience you’re looking for best. Be aware, we won’t be able to take into account all of your preferences but only the most important for you.
Avant-garde, colonial and progressive.
Conservative, bellicose, and anti-magic.
Diplomatic, tolerant and cultured.
Barbarian, independent and superstitious.
Mystical, cunning and distrustful.
Traditional, autocratic and rural.
Liria and Rivia
Proud, unbreakable and irrepressible.
Bohemian, marine and neutral.
There is no specific gameplay ‘system’ for each role type, and some characters may be a mix of two or more of these profiles. It simply serves to give you an idea of what concepts may be covered in each kingdom.
Nobles, ministers, jarls…
Person at arms representatives
Commanders, spies, warriors…
Musicians, academics, merchants…
Priests, druids, cultists…
From different schools
#DifficultChoices #Politics #PersonalRelationships #Secrets #Intrigues #Magic #Negotiations #TheLesserEvil #LowFantasy
If you want to participate in this larp, you should consider a few things about the game experience. It’s a larp about the social and political issues of The Witcher universe Negotiations, social interactions, intrigues, and some magic mysteries prevail. The witchers, although they are part of the story, are not the main characters. It is not a soft-combat, fighting-oriented, or monstering event. Game mechanics are light and immersion-oriented, based on fair play and the mutual trust that we play to tell a story together.
– A story about the central political and social issues of The Witcher universe.
– A choral story where there are no more important characters than others.
– A story in which you will have to make difficult decisions and the happy ending is not guaranteed.
– Light and organic game mechanics, based on fair-play.
– Play to lift, to flow, to lose and to drama.
– Intense personal relationships.
– Mystery plots and secrets generated by us that you can follow, although you also have the option to develop your own scenes.
– Some FX scenes
– Security mechanics, calibration and negotiation of complicated scenes.
– 100% immersive game (what you get is what you see) and where we will all be in character and in the game from the start of the event until it ends.
– A sandbox game.
– Soft-combat and monstering events (if there are any, it won’t be resolved with sword fighting).
– A story in which the witchers are the main characters.
– A story that has a happy ending or, at least, for everyone.
– A big bad villain that we all need to fight together. There won’t be a big bad villain.
– Complex rules’ system for magic, combat, and stealth. Mechanics will be as organic as possible, where mutual trust is the number one rule.
– Play to win. Think that you can fulfill everything your character wants.
– A list of goals to “check” as done.
– Passively waiting for things to happen without your active participation.
– That you can solve everything without negotiating scenes or without using the safety and calibration mechanics.
– To be out of character and speak out of character at any time during the game (with the exception of off-game areas).
– Total transparency and full control of your character’s outcome. You will be able to negotiate some scenes and set your boundaries, but the game is based on secrecy, surprises and fate that you cannot overcome.
about the experience & what themes are included in the larp
Find some photos of previous runs of ‘Something ends, something begins’.
The registration process is done as follows:
Read more about the signup & casting process in the game guide.
Efimeral Events takes into account every player’s accessibility. For that reason, we believe it is important to give all the needed information before deciding to attend.
The event will take place at Sellarés Rural, a beautiful 16th century house surrounded by natural areas, greatly preserved and decorated to ensure a good immersion. On the other side, the resting areas have all the necessary amenities. The rooms are for 2-4 people, have comfortable beds, heating system and hot running water.
The historical average temperature on the weekend of the event in the area is between 5oC and 15oC.
Keep in mind it’s an area in the mountains; at night it gets colder and misty. Fog and frost can also be expected in the morning. There could be light rain (but it’s unusual).
The house has a heating system and the stone walls insulate from the cold (we have verified it), but even so,
choose your wardrobe according to these forecasts. Wool will be your ally.
Keep in mind this is an old medieval house, which isn’t adapted properly for wheelchairs or certain mobility issues.
There are in-game areas that are only accessible by stairs. There aren’t lifts, elevators or ramps. Moreover, several rooms are located on the first, second and third floor, so it is necessary to use the stairs to access them. There are a few rooms at ground level. Not all grounds and floors are well levelled as they are made of gravel, stone, wood…
For immersion’s sake, during night time the modern electric lights will be forbidden. It will only be permitted to use LED lights in an adapted form (lanterns, candles, etc.).
Due to high wildfire risk all over Spain, real fire in any form is forbidden. Please understand we need to use ambience led lights.
If you have any doubt, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before joining and we will gladly help.
Without you this wouldn’t be possible. Thank you very much!
You can follow all the information and news on our social media and Discord server.
You can also contact us through the following form. We will resolve any questions by email.
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive information directly in your email.
© All images, logos and setting of The Witcher are property of R. Talsorian Games, CD Projekt Red and
Holocubierta Ediciones and have been assigned for the organization of this event.
© Rest of the content (graphic material, photographs, video and text) belongs to Efimeral.com